In no particular order.
- Marvin Gaye’s “Sexual Healing,” Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals, Live From Mars
- Copland’s “Hoedown,” Bela Fleck & the Flecktones, Live at the Quick
- The Beatles’ “Hey Jude” (in the style of Aretha Franklin & Duane Allman), Derek Trucks Band w/ Susan Tedeschi, 04.12.08 (Wanee Fest, Live Oak, FL)
- Led Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love,” The Duhks, 06.11.08 (Charlotte, NC)
- Bob Dylan’s “She Belongs to Me,” The Happenin’, various dates ca 2002
- Any cover by the Black Crowes. They use covers to point you to their influences, and those will open up a whole new world of music you never heard. I’ve bought several records and gotten into several artists just because the Crowes covered one of their songs.
What are some of yours?