Disclaimer: I am not great at administration, but I really appreciate good administration, so I’m trying to get better at it. As part of that, I like to look at things that work and things that don’t.
At about 2:25 PM yesterday, I registered online for a training program we have to attend before leaving for Prague. In the ensuing hours I received no less than seven emails from the training organization.
- Mon 2:30 PM: Receipt and purchase confirmation.
- Mon 2:30 PM: Thank you for submitting an order.
- Mon 2:34 PM: Thank you note for purchase from bookstore.
- Mon 2:34 PM: Thank you for registering to attend program.
- Mon 4:13 PM: Thank you again for your purchase, please save receipt.
- Tues 12:25 PM: Invoice for remainder of bill, request to let them know if missions organization will be paying (even though I gave that info when I registered).
- Tues 1:15 PM: Travel details, and reminder that my confirmation packet will arrive in the mail soon!
Surely they could have combined all these into one email, even if I had to wait a couple of hours!